Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday

Just a short blog tonight ... we were back to an 11 again on his PTA score ... but I found it interesting today that he now and then asks me out of the blue, "what were the three pictures I have to remember Mum?  Were they a toothbrush, keys and ...?"  I, of course, can't tell him (and by the way I actually can't remember the third one myself even though I saw it when he was doing the test!!) but it does show that he is now remembering that he has these pictures to remember and he is trying to recall them off and on to keep them in his head.  Hannah reports that physio went well (I was taken out for coffee with a friend during his physio time and Kevin was in Tauranga today) and he is now allowed to transfer from the bed to his wheelchair with 2 people helping him instead of using the hoist.  This is great news because it makes it a whole lot easier and quicker for both him and the caregivers.  Hannah and I gave him over an hour of foot massage this evening (one on each foot) and he was lapping it up ... we'll have to watch that he doesn't start enjoying the sick role :-) 

Just want to say thank you again to all of you who have been praying, sending cards and letters, offering help and support, given, cooked meals and yummys, visited, phoned, txted, read the blog, posted messages ...  and more!  We have been truly blessed and please know that we are so grateful for everything people have done for us and Joel over the last month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment