Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Last night and this morning

Yesterday I had a txt conversation with a close friend of Joel’s. She pointed out that I was ‘pretty much Joel’s hero’. Great words for a dad to here but then I got thinking. If I am his hero, I can’t protect him, I can’t rescue him and as I was thinking I was holding his hand and my eyes started to leak…and a fresh lot of tears tumbled down my cheeks as again I surrendered my son to his real hero, the one who can do those things for him, and his name is Jesus.

Cheryll and Hannah just went into the ward and Joel wasn’t in his room again. This time a nurse came to the rescue. He had been a naughty boy in the night and pulled out his ‘food tube’, and was just on his way back from an x-ray to make sure they had put it back in the right place. We will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Martyn and Jacqui C said...

Hi Guys this is great news! If you require a bed in AK give Us a call!

Post a Comment